They have never been great parents but now they are bad parents that are so out of touch with reality they have become officially terrible neglectful parents.
They moved back to our hometown 2 months ago, after being out of state for several years. Because they weren’t local, we didn’t realize how far they’d travelled off the deep end.
They didn’t pack like intelligent adults. They didn’t bring all their nice dishes, cookware and silverware – or beds for their children. In fact they set everything they left on fire.
We found out that one child’s bed had been thrown in the yard, because she threw up on it and her parents decided that sleeping on a bean bag chair was a better parenting choice than cleaning her mattress.
What they did bring was in garbage bags – along with trash, cloths, important papers, and other random things.
They weren’t like this before, and we are going to have to step in for the children’s sake.
Where can I find help? Is this going to stop? and if not, what science is there to tell the authorities what happened?
They can’t get it in our home state and will run out completely, soon.
I’m afraid of what they might do. They have several guns and seem to be focused on family togetherness. They even have a scary mantra they make the kids say.
The following message is from the SpiceAddictionSupport team:
So sorry to hear about your sister and her husband. Sounds like a really difficult situation.
Here are some resources to help answer your questions:
Where can I find help?
- See the spice-specific addiction guides on our site: Synthetic Marijuana Addiction Resources
- DrugAbuse.gov how-to guides are designed to educate families of addicts.
- SAMHSA provides a local directory of medical professionals who specialize in addiction treatment. Find someone local.
- If you think rehab is the right way to go and they have insurance, then call our addiction hotline at (866)246-8028 to learn more.
Is this going to stop?
- No way to know. It’s really up to them, unless you intervene.
- When they do stop using, the most common experience of our community is that withdrawing from long-term addiction to Spice will take several days to several weeks, depending on the type of drug, length of use and amount used.
- During the detox and withdrawal phase, you should expect these Withdrawal Symptoms. They may be incapacitated during this time, so prepare accordingly.
What science is there to tell the authorities what happened?
- Spice/K2 is a Class I controlled substance, so your local police should have someone on staff trained on the drug and its effects.
- That said, often the police don’t know what to do about the addiction part. Many police, like the public, still think you can’t get addicted to Spice.
- Suggest you speak with a local addiction professional before calling the police (if you can), so you can get coached on how to deal with them.
Wishing you all the best in your sister’s recovery.
Need Help Quitting Spice/K2?
If you or a loved one is addicted to spice, call our hotline at (855)652-8460 to find a treatment program near you.
Share Your Story With Us
If you have firsthand experience with synthetic marijuana and are willing to share your story, you can help other people to gain new insights into their own struggle with this awful drug.
Let's Stay In Touch!
Subscribe to get the latest submitted stories delivered to your inbox.
Join Our Mailing List