We Want Your Feedback! Take Our 1-Question survey
How Bad Are Withdrawals From Spice?
There are many withdrawal symptoms people experience when they stop smoking synthetic marijuana for an extended amount of time.
Some might even have some withdrawal hours after their last hit. Other people are lucky enough to never experience any at all.
While death is not likely, a person going through spice withdrawal often feels like they are going to die without the drug.
The brain starts to play tricks on you to make you think you really need Spice or K2. In all actuality, you will be better off without it.
Some of the most widely reported spice withdrawal symptoms include:
- Uncontrollable vomiting, nausea and diarrhea
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme Sweating
- Inability to sleep
- Intense cravings for the drug
- Loss of motivation
- Psychotic episodes
- Suicidal thoughts
- Inability to care about consequences
Here are a few stories posted by spice & K2 users to our site recently, describing their experience withdrawing from synthetic marijuana:
- “Had horrible withdrawals and lost 8 lbs in two days. Looked like shit, puked, the works.” – Greg
- “Yesterday, I relapsed and now the withdrawals are scaring the life out of me.” – skyhigh873
- “The withdrawals are so bad, I seriously feel like I’m going to die.” – Callie
- “About day 10 of quitting HeadRush, you go through withdrawal one more time.” – hereigoagain
- “The spice withdrawal symptoms I am experiencing have hospitalized me twice.” – Lost_One
For Some, It’s As Bad As Quitting Crack or Heroin
Some claim that withdrawing from a synthetic cannabinoid addiction can be as hard, if not harder than, withdrawing from hard drugs including crack, heroin and opiates. For example, here are a few stories recently submitted to our site:
- “I have done heroin, crack and meth; nothing was harder to kick than spice.” – Walter
- “Spice should no longer be described as synthetic marijuana; it’s synthetic crack.” – J
- “I have smoked crack and never had a problem with it, but this stuff is bad.” – Kohl
- “I Began To Call It Herbal Crack” – Robin
- “I’ve done meth and cocaine, but no withdrawal compares to spice.” – Ma
- “By the time I quit, spice had become like doing heroin.” – Kris
While it is horrible to have to go through these withdrawals, it is absolutely necessary in order to be free of herbal incense addiction.
If you are the person experiencing the withdrawal, just remember it is only temporary. Smoking more will only delay the process and will make all of the time you went through the withdrawal absolutely pointless. The faster you get through it, the closer you will be to quitting the drug.
Take it from me, I was able to quit smoking incense.
If I can do it, I know anyone can.
Get Our Latest Stories By Email
Is Spice Ruining Your Life?
If you or a loved one are addicted to spice, call our hotline at (844)565-7155 to learn about treatment programs for synthetic drug addiction. Please note: most rehab programs require private insurance like PPO or HMO.
Note: most addiction treatment programs accept private insurance (PPO, HMO), cash and credit cards. Some also offer financing for payment.
What's Your Story?
If you have firsthand experience with synthetic marijuana and are willing to share your story, you can help other people to gain new insights into their own struggle with this awful drug.